This course will equip you with knowledge on Infection Control and Prevention within the Aesthetic clinics, Salon Industry and Healthcare.This training is suitable for all medics and non medics such as healthcare, Clinical staff, Beauty Therapist and aesthetic Practitioners.
Why You Need This Course?
- To acquire knowledge of the following infection prevention and management with social and health care settings.
- Know the challenges affecting infection control and management.
- To learn ways of preventing an infection.
- To enhance the prevention and management of infections.
This course covers:
- What is HCAI?
- Health and Social Care Act (2008).
- Code of Practice
- Risk assessment
- Standard precautions
- People at risk
- Modes of transmission.
- What are alert organisms and alert conditions,
- Multidrug-resistant organisms (MDROs)
- Notifiable diseases and RIDDOR
- Common infections in healthcare
- Clostridium difficile
- Chickenpox and shingles
- Streptococcal infections
- Hepatitis B and C
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Lyme disease
- Scabies and lice
- MRSA MSSA and PVL essay
- Pandemic flu
- Infection control precautions
- Management of equipment and the environment
- Linen management
- Occupational exposure management including needlestick injuries,
- Blood and body fluids spillage management
- Single-use devices,
- Employee illness,
- Infection control measures for specimen collection
- Hand Hygiene
- Managing clinic post Covid-19
This training is online training only
14 CPD Hours