Welcome to the Beauty Training Portal and the start of your learning journey.
On the portal you will find your complete chosen course, including course modules and assessment questions, if applicable. Please work through each module, answering the questions thus enabling you to move on to the next module.
You have 90 days to complete the course, so you can study in your own time at your pace. If you need extra time, please email to gain extra time.
All the assessment questions are multiple choice and you need to achieve at least 80% to pass.
This course will equip you with knowledge on Infection Control and Prevention within the Aesthetic clinics, Salon Industry and Healthcare.
Why do you need this course?
- To acquire knowledge of the following infection prevention and management with social and health care settings.
- Know the challenges affecting infection control and management.
- To learn ways of preventing an infection.
- To enhance the prevention and management of infections.
- Understand the meaning of an infection acquired from the hospital
- Familiarize with the Health and Social Care Act
- Know those who are very vulnerable to infections
- Understand the Transmission of Infections
- Learn the most widespread infections
- Learn how to prevent and to manage infections
In 2002, it was confirmed by the government that infection management and control was not high up the priority list of private clinics and NHS agendas. However, the need for training and education on infection control was encouraged. But in 2003, the increase in healthcare-associated infections called for an important intervention to manage this turn of events. As a result, the Political department that deals with healthcare have placed infection control and prevention high on its list of priorities.
What this course covers:
- What is HCAI?
- Health and Social Care Act (2008).
- Code of Practice
- Risk assessment
- Standard precautions
- People at risk
- Modes of transmission.
- What are alert organisms and alert conditions,
- Multidrug-resistant organisms (MDROs)
- Notifiable diseases and RIDDOR
- Common infections in healthcare
- Clostridium difficile
- Chickenpox and shingles
- Streptococcal infections
- Hepatitis B and C
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Lyme disease
- Scabies and lice
- MRSA MSSA and PVL essay
- Pandemic flu
- Infection control precautions
- Management of equipment and the environment
- Linen management
- Occupational exposure management including needlestick injuries,
- Blood and body fluids spillage management
- Single-use devices,
- Employee illness,
- Infection control measures for specimen collection
- Hand hygiene
- Managing clinic post Covid-19
On successful completion of the course, you will receive your course certificates, this can be downloaded straight after your quiz. This will be available to you in ‘My account’ section.
Although many courses are online, you may need to attend a practical element in order to complete your course. Please contact your training academy directly to arrange your practical days.
Please contact us directly on email@example.com if you require further assistance.
We hope you enjoy your course and we wish you every success for the future.
The Beauty Training Portal Team